Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Greetings from San Diego - Calculator Poll Question (Back to School)

Greetings from San Diego, am on vacation until Labor Day. Specially I am at a Starbucks stop on my way to Encinitas Beach, enjoying a Chai Blended Latte.

I just came from the Giesel Library at the University of California, San Diego. It took me forever to find it; along with the correct parking lot. The library is named after Theodore Seuss Giesel, better known as Dr. Seuss. Naturally, I managed to buy a Dr. Seuss book - my cousin's daughter is going to enjoy it, I'm sure.

Updates

There is going to be Part 8 of the Differential Equation series, maybe more. I found an interesting way, maybe easier than Laplace Transforms or eigenvalues (the former I covered) to solve systems of differential equations. I am also aiming to do a blog on the Runge Kutta algorithm.

Back To School...For a Lot of Us

School is either right around the corner or even here for a lot of students. Got to ask the math students: what calculator (or calculators) are you using? (And why?). Even if you are not a student, feel free to answer in the comments


Well, it's on to the beach for sunshine and sunset, and probably dinner. Have a great day everyone!


Eddie

This blog is property of Edward Shore. 2013

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I use an original made in usa HP15C all days, just because i like it so much.
    I prefer to use it than using excel with formula.

    Regards
    Naltap

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same for me : a US made HP 15C bought in 1986. I did my studies with it.

    A HP35S for fun, and just buy an old Sharp 1403 to teach easy programming to my two sons (11 and 8).

    I wait for the next HP generation, i want RPN...

    Pascal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ti nspire cas cx at school.. Hp 50g at work. Hope to get hp prime soon to replace all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hewlett Packard calculators are winning. The upcoming HP Prime should be a good one from what I read about it. Interesting regarding the Sharp, we don't see too many of those style of calculators anymore - shame.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete

Retro Review: HP 95LX

Retro Review:  HP 95LX Essentials Company:  Hewlett Packard Years:  1991 - 2003 Type:  Palmtop PC (a very early versi...