HP Prime Spreadsheet App Tutorial 5: Spreadsheets and Histograms
Lesson 5 Objectives:
* Generate a random list of integers for a column
* Store a Spreadsheet column to a Statistics Variable
* Use a Spreadsheet column in a histogram
Generate a random list of integers:
RANDINT(length of list, lower limit, upper limit). The result is a list.
1. Start by selecting the header cell for Column A. Press [ Toolbox ], 5 for Probability, 4 for Random, 2 for Integer to call the RANDINT function. A list a generated, so no equals sign is needed. Enter 100 for the length of list, 0 for the lower limit, and 100 for the upper limit. The result is RANDINT(100,0,100). Press the soft key ( OK ).
2. Name Column A DATA. Go to the header cell, enter DATA, and press on the soft key ( Name ).
3. Press the [ Home ] button. Select the D1 variable from the Statistics 1Var app by pressing [ Vars ], the ( App ) soft key, then Statistics 1Var, then Numeric, and D1.
4. Continue by entering ≔DATA. (colon, equals, DATA). The complete command should be Statistics_1Var.D1≔DATA.
5. On to the Histogram: Press the [ Apps ] and choose the Statistics 1Var app. You’ll be taken to the Num view and D1 should be filled in.
6. Press the [ Symb ] key for the Symbolic view. Enter D1 for H1 and select Histogram.
7. Press [ Shift ], [ Plot ] (Plot Setup). Change the H Width to 10.
8. Press [ View ] and select Autoscale. This Histogram is complete.
This concludes Lesson 5. I plan to post additional lessons in the near future.
This blog is property of Edward Shore, 2015.