HP Prime Geometry App Tutorial Part 8: Rotating Triangles
Today’s lesson will show how to rotate a triangle given an angle. The angle is in a counter-clockwise direction.
For the purpose of this lesson, we will set the HP Prime in Degrees mode.
Draw the Triangle
1. Set the calculator to Degrees mode. Draw a triangle with vertices (4,4), (4, -4), and (8, 0).
Rotate the Triangle
2. Press (Cmds), 7 for Transformation, 3 for Rotation.
3. Select the reference point. In our example, let’s make this point (0,0) and press [ Enter ].
4. You are asked for an angle. Enter 90 for 90°. Press [ Enter ].
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4, for angles of 180 and 270.
Thank you. Until next time, have a great day!
This blog is property of Edward Shore. 2015.