TI-84 Plus CE Wish List and YouTube Shorts
TI-84 Plus CE Wish List
Disclaimer: I do not work for Texas Instruments nor do I know when (or if) TI is working on and publishing operating version 5.9, 6.0, etc. This is my opinion only (the opinion of a math and calculator enthusiast).
This focuses on the United States version of the TI-84 Plus CE series.
I would like to see the following in the next update:
1. Simplification of radicals and square roots.* Currently the series only has decimal approximations.
√440 returns 2 * √110
√75 + √125 returns 5 √5 + 5 √3
2. Mathematical operations returning exact results in terms of π.* Like #1, the series only has decimal approximations.
In radians mode, cos^-1 (1/2) returns π/3
2 π - 3/8 * π returns 13/8 * π
3. Base mode and conversions. With the exception of the classic TI-85 and TI-86, the TI-80s do not have a base mode nor base conversions. I would like to see that added, make room under the test menu.
4. More colors than 15 please. Maybe an RGB (red-green-blue) function in the TI-BASIC programming language?
With Gratitude to TI.
YouTube Short: https://youtube.com/shorts/KOQs95qCHtg?feature=share
* FYI: #1 and #2 are available on the TI-83 CE Premium from France.
From time to time, I will post YouTube short videos (60 seconds or less) to my YouTube channel (which has been a long time starving for content):
My channel covers primarily math and calculators.
All original content copyright, © 2011-2023. Edward Shore. Unauthorized use and/or unauthorized distribution for commercial purposes without express and written permission from the author is strictly prohibited. This blog entry may be distributed for noncommercial purposes, provided that full credit is given to the author.