Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Ruler Calculator, Upcoming Equation Library Program for HP Prime, Calculator vs. Apps

Ruler Calculator



Shout out to Fischer Scientific!  My work had an office supplies fair yesterday.  It is not everyday that I see a ruler calculator.  I asked about how much is the ruler calculator because I wanted to order one for myself, and the nice vendor gave the ruler.  I am much appreciative!

Upcoming Equation Library Program for HP Prime

I am working an equation library program for the HP Prime, and so far I have 35 equations, and planning entering a few more.  Subjects covered include astronomy, finance, motion physics, sound, electronics, and Great Circle calculations.  I plan to release the program sometime in early April 2015 at the latest.

Calculator Apps versus Calculators (with tangible keyboards)

With the growing use of tables and smart phones, many calculator apps are available on Apple iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone) and Android devices.  Let me ask the readers: are you using calculator apps, and what is your opinion on them?  Do you have a preference between calculator apps or calculators?  

Personally, I prefer calculators that have physical keyboards.  I like the tactile feel of the keys and the fact that calculators are single purpose machines.  It also frees my iPod for other tasks.  Having said that, two of my favorite calculator apps are CalcFxC and PCalc.  Calculator apps are also an excellent source of providing emulators of classic calculators.  

Readers, I wish you the best, and have a great day!  Thank you for following, visiting, and commenting.  

Eddie


This blog is property of Edward Shore.   2015.


  Casio fx-7000G vs Casio fx-CG 50: A Comparison of Generating Statistical Graphs Today’s blog entry is a comparison of how a hist...