HP Prime Geometry App Tutorial Part 6: Polygons
Drawing a Regular Polygon
1. Clear the Plot screen. Press (Cmds), 4 for Polygon, 9 for Regular Polygon.
2. Select one corner and press [ Enter ].
3. Select another corner point and press [ Enter ].
4. Enter the number of sides of the regular polygon.
Drawing a General Polygon
1. Press (Cmds), 4 for Polygon, 8 for Polygon.
2. Start with a corner point and press [ Enter ]. Keep going choosing corner points and pressing [ Enter ].
3. When you finished plotting the final corner point, press [ Enter ] one last time. This connects the last corner point with the first corner point. Hence, it is like go to the final point and press [ Enter ] twice.
Finding Areas of the Polygon
To recall, press (Cmds), 9 for Measure, 5 for Area. Select a polygon (when selected they turned red) and press [ Enter ].
Next time, we will work with conic sections. Have a great day,
This blog is property of Edward Shore – 2015.