Sunday, May 4, 2014

Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge

Design the keyboard of a scientific calculator and post links to your designs as responses to this blog entry. Rules:

You have only 25 keys to work with. That's it.

Whatever features, applications, special functions, number of modification keys you can fit is up to you. It can be simple, graphing, financial and/or complex. This blog entry is just a call to be creative and to have some fun. Here is one I did:

It is a relatively simple scientific calculator design that would be either a solar-powered calculator or an app. Features include linear regression, algebraic and RPN entry modes, and basic scientific functions.

If you partake in this, have fun and please provide links as responses.

Coming soon I will review two calculators I recently purchased: the Canon F-792SGA and the Casio fx-5800P N.

7 comments:

  1. This is a lot harder than it looks! I'm still tinkering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddie,

    I created a 23-key version that can be implemented on an HP QuickCalc.

    http://pickyb.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/proposed-scientific-rpn-hp-quickcalc.html

    Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I like the small and landscape form factor. Thanks for sharing PickyBart!

      Eddie

      Delete
  3. This information is very interesting, I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this, because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing. novated lease calculator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow its impressive and really enjoy the way you design it. Thank you- CasioBangladesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    calculator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visit your page and find something much interesting and like that you share to us. Thanks for sharing.
    Calculator

    ReplyDelete

HHC 2017 In Review

HHC 2017 In Review Hello Nashville, TN! HHC 2017 took place on September 16 and 17, 2017 in Brentwood, TN.  If you have not go...